WALK THE TALK OF SUSTAINABILITY

 


This post was previously published as a post in my LinkedIn profile.

It refers to the video you can find here.


🌻 After a few weeks of second thoughts, I have finally decided to publish the video of my course "Miniatures of Evolution" which deals with the topic "reducing our personal carbon footprint".

I have been working on reducing my footprint for years and in the video I allow myself to put together the results of my efforts in a story telling that I hope can inspire and move a few more levels of awareness.


🍂 But I think you can see that I am not comfortable in my role as "bearer of bad news": the pressure to reduce air travel has become unavoidable, at least for citizens of the Global North with a high income.

First of all because the pressure comes directly from the IPCC.

Secondly, because it has been collected by several sustainability professionals, with a "client friendly" presentation of the data and from the consumer's side, as in the "Low carbon lifestyles wheel" that I show in the video.

Thirdly, because the idea of putting in opposition acting as consumers in order to reduce our footprint and acting as citizens who protest, vote and take the most polluting entities to court is disastrous.


🌷 And, in fact, I was convinced to publish the video on YouTube when I realized that I had managed to intertwine four of what Sustainability Scientists Kimberly Nicholas calls our "Top 5 Climate Superpowers." My role as an organizational participant is missing from the video, but in addition to my role as a consumer, I represent my role as a citizen, investor, and role model.


🌸 Since I am not a professional storyteller, I am pleased with how my role modeling of a congruent person with a high "inner compass" was received and understood by the course participants. In the discussion after the presentation, the role of my students and co-researchers in mirroring was essential. And in the final questionnaire, in which I measure the effectiveness of the course, all the members of the Global North said they want to reduce their carbon footprint. One person from the Global South, Analia, said that after the course she will calculate her personal carbon footprint for the first time.


🐞 Analia is the person who closes the video, with a question that still rings in my ears and that I ask the entire world of Certified Focusing Professionals: how could we have a big department sale for feeling the crisis? Without the feeling of truth, or the feeling of congruence, we cannot keep within ourselves the compass of the social crisis to develop the empowerment we need to face it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVOLUTION = TRUSTING YOUR ENVIRONMENT - Part one

MINIATURES OF EVOLUTION - COURSE DESCRIPTION IN ENGLISH AND ITALIAN

EVOLUTION = CARRYING FORWARD = TRUSTING YOUR ENVIRONMENT - Part 2